FAIR DATA SPACES
The FAIR Data Spaces project is coordinated by the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT; the NFDI Association acts as co-coordinator.
NFDI and numerous universities organized in NFDI consortia represent the research application domain:
- Justus Liebig University Giessen
- TIB – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology
- University of Cologne
- Leipzig University
- RWTH Aachen University
- FIZ Karlsruhe – Leibniz Institute for Information Infrastructure
- University Hospital Heidelberg
- Eberhard Karl University of Tübingen
- Heidelberg Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL
- Philipp University of Marburg
- University of Münster
- ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics
The industry-oriented Gaia-X side is represented by the Fraunhofer Society, comprising Fraunhofer FIT and the Fraunhofer Institute for Software and Systems Engineering ISST, as well as Atos as a representative of the enterprises participating in Gaia-X. Further, particularly small enterprises, will be involved into the project by subcontracts from early 2022.
The following matrix shows the involvement of the partners into the NFDI consortia and further relevant initiatives. The partners’ names are abbreviated for reasons of space, following the same order as above.