(Published on 17.12.2021) As part of the Berlin Science Week, five young scientists contributed to the NFDI Science Slam and vividly explained what their work in the consortia looks like. You can now watch the talks in slam format on YouTube.
To the video: NFDI Science Slam @ Berlin Science Week 2021
To the individual slam contributions:
- 00:00:00 Opening from Dr. Sonja Schimmler (Fraunhofer FOKUS / Weizenbaum-Institut) and Prof. Dr. Konrad Förstner (ZB MED / TH Köln / Weizenbaum-Institut)
- 00:01:30 Keynote York Sure-Vetter (Director of NFDI)
- 00:09:22 Jonas Kasmanas (NFDI4Microbiota)
- 00:22:22 Ranjit Singh (KonsortSWD)
- 00:34:54 Julia Philipp (GHGA)
- 00:45:50 David Clarke (PUNCH4NFDI)
- 00:58:02 Mark Greiner (FAIRmat)
- 01:16:00 Announcement of the winner
Industry Engagement: Speaker elected and section concept published
In its first official meeting on 5 May, the Section Industry Engagement elected Prof. Dr. Florian Stahl as speaker and Prof. Dr. Chris Eberl as deputy speaker.
In addition, the section concept was published on zenodo.
IAM4NFDI: Identity and access management starts path to NFDI-wide basic service
On 31 March, the consortia assembly of the NFDI Association unanimously approved the funding of the basic service application “Identity and Access Management for the German National Research Data Infrastructure (IAM4NFDI)” by the collaborative joint project Base4NFDI.
This is intended to create the conditions for users from different disciplines, consortia and research institutions to be able to register for services and use them.
New section Industry Engagement coordinates cooperation with industry
The NFDI sections are dedicated to topics that are relevant to all or several consortia. In October 2021, the first four sections already started their work. Now the fifth section, Industry Engagement (section-industry), is starting.