(Published on 17.12.2021) As part of the Berlin Science Week, five young scientists contributed to the NFDI Science Slam and vividly explained what their work in the consortia looks like. You can now watch the talks in slam format on YouTube.
To the video: NFDI Science Slam @ Berlin Science Week 2021
To the individual slam contributions:
- 00:00:00 Opening from Dr. Sonja Schimmler (Fraunhofer FOKUS / Weizenbaum-Institut) and Prof. Dr. Konrad Förstner (ZB MED / TH Köln / Weizenbaum-Institut)
- 00:01:30 Keynote York Sure-Vetter, Director NFDI e.V.
- 00:09:22 Jonas Kasmanas (NFDI4Microbiota)
- 00:22:22 Ranjit Singh (KonsortSWD)
- 00:34:54 Julia Philipp (GHGA)
- 00:45:50 David Clarke (PUNCH4NFDI)
- 00:58:02 Mark Greiner (FAIRmat)
- 01:16:00 Announcement of the winner
At the Consortia Assembly of the Association German National Research Data Infrastructure on 14 January, the consortia represented in it approved the publication of a collective statement on the topic of basic services without any dissenting votes. Read the published statement here.
203 institutions are officially part of the NFDI Association as of this week. The Board of Trustees voted unanimously to accept further members at its meeting on Tuesday, 7 December.
The Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) has published a timetable for the decision-making process for funding basic services in the German National Research Data Infrastructure.
The final decision on funding for basic service consortia will be made by the Joint Science Conference (GWK) in November 2022.