(Published on 28.02.2023) Seven further consortia and Base4NFDI will be included in the federal and state funding of NFDI from March. This was decided by the Joint Science Conference (GWK) in November. The GWK thereby followed the funding recommendation of the German Research Foundation (DFG).
We are very pleased that the NFDI network continues to grow and welcome:
- Base4NFDI: Basic services for NFDI
- FAIRagro: FAIR Data Infrastructure for Agrosystems
- NFDI4BIOIMAGE: National research data infrastructure for microscopy and bioimage analysis
- NFDI4Energy: National Research Data Infrastructure for Interdisciplinary Energy System Research
- NFDI4Immuno: National Research Data Infrastructure for Immunology
- NFDI4Memory: The Consortium for the Historically Oriented Humanities
- NFDI4Objects: Research Data Infrastructure for the Material Remains of Human History
- NFDIxCS: National Research Data Infrastructure for and with Computer Science
Task Force Evaluation and Reporting publishes white paper “Dealing with BLV goals as a basis for structural evaluation”
The NFDI Task Force for Evaluation and Reporting (TFER) does preparatory work for the interim reports of the consortia and the structural evaluation of NFDI. Members of the Task Force have written the white paper “Dealing with BLV targets as a basis for structural evaluation”.
We would like to invite you to look behind the surface of the online world with us. Under the title “Behind the Click”, Dutch artist and researcher Julia Janssen will visually explore topics such as Artificial Intelligence, the bias of algorithms and data profiling. The public evening lecture will take place as part of the first Conference on Research Data Infrastructure (CoRDI) on 12 September at 7.30 pm in the KIT Audimax.
The development of the NFDI portfolio for basic services is progressing with two further projects. The Consortia Assembly (KV) of the NFDI Association decided in its meeting on 7 July to fund two basic service applications.
In a one-year initialisation phase, a service for the NFDI-wide provision of persistent identifiers (such as DOI) as well as a service to support the description of data through uniform terminologies will be funded.