(Published on 09.12.2021) 203 institutions are officially part of the NFDI Association as of this week. The Board of Trustees voted unanimously to accept further members at its meeting on Tuesday, 7 December.
We welcome the following twelve new members:
- University of Bamberg
Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH
- (Helmholtz Centre Berlin for Materials and Energy GmbH)
- Medizinischer Fakultätentag e.V. (Medical Faculty Association)
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences
- Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Ur- und Frühgeschichte e.V. (DGUF) (German
- Society for Prehistory and Early History)
- Academy of Sciences and Humanities in Hamburg
- Humboldt University of Berlin
- Herzog August Library Wolfenbüttel
- Klassik Stiftung Weimar (Classical Foundation Weimar)
- University of Kassel
- University of Konstanz
We thank all members for their commitment and look forward to working with the new members.
Click here for more information about membership.
The Joint Science Conference (GWK) has decided on 4 November to include eight more consortia in the federal and state funding of the German National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI).
The second NFDI Parliamentary Event on 22 September 2022 in Berlin focused on “Health, Climate, Economy”.
Use cases from the three areas were presented to the politicians, highlighting the opportunities for good research data management. Members of the Bundestag and their office staff were present.
In order to fully exploit the potential of data, trust between the various actors is needed as well as practicable technical and legal requirements. Representatives of the Association German National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI), the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the Federation of German Industries (BDI) had an open exchange on this topic on 20 September.