(Published on 13.12.2021) Before the end of January, the German Research Foundation (DFG, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) plans to publish a call for proposals on basic services consortia. We have collected published information on basic services and other interesting publications around the topic in advance.
- Sep 2019: Berlin Declaration on NFDI Cross-Cutting Topics
- Jun 2020: Leipzig-Berlin-Declaration on NFDI Cross-Cutting Topics
- Nov 2020: 2nd statement NFDI-EG: The development of a National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI).
- Mar 2021: NFDI Cross-cutting Topics Workshop Report
- May 2021: DFG Call for proposals 2021 (3rd round of calls)
- Jul 2021: Statement of the NFDI Expert Panel on the preparation and application of basic services for the NFDI
- Oct 2021: Section concept Common Infrastructures
- Oct 2021: Section Concept Meta(data), Terminologies and Provenance
- Dec 2021: Timetable for the application of basic service consortia
At the Consortia Assembly of the Association German National Research Data Infrastructure on 14 January, the consortia represented in it approved the publication of a collective statement on the topic of basic services without any dissenting votes. Read the published statement here.
As part of the Berlin Science Week, five young scientists contributed to the NFDI Science Slam and vividly explained what their work in the consortia looks like. You can now watch the talks in slam format on YouTube.
203 institutions are officially part of the NFDI Association as of this week. The Board of Trustees voted unanimously to accept further members at its meeting on Tuesday, 7 December.