(Published on 06.07.2022) NFDI offered its own Satellite Event at the Joint Conference of Digital Libraries (JCDL) 2022 on 23 June. A total of five groups from different consortia organised workshops on the topic of research data management. The event was rounded off by a panel discussion on “Everything FAIR and Open? Restrictions on data publications” and a keynote speech by NFDI Director Prof. Dr. York Sure-Vetter.The following workshops were part of the event. You can view the slides of some of the sessions on zenodo.
- There are a million ways to describe the world – How to share your authority without losing control (Slides on zenodo)
- Decentralized Storage for Digital Preservation (Slides on zenodo)
- Catalysis RDM – From ontologies to ELN (Slides „Hands on Ontologies“ and „Workflow and Tools in Catalysis“ on zenodo)
- Research Knowledge Graphs in NFDI4Ing and NFDI4DataScience
- RDM and DP communities: Finding the common ground to develop a collaborative future service landscape
Industry Engagement: Speaker elected and section concept published
In its first official meeting on 5 May, the Section Industry Engagement elected Prof. Dr. Florian Stahl as speaker and Prof. Dr. Chris Eberl as deputy speaker.
In addition, the section concept was published on zenodo.
IAM4NFDI: Identity and access management starts path to NFDI-wide basic service
On 31 March, the consortia assembly of the NFDI Association unanimously approved the funding of the basic service application “Identity and Access Management for the German National Research Data Infrastructure (IAM4NFDI)” by the collaborative joint project Base4NFDI.
This is intended to create the conditions for users from different disciplines, consortia and research institutions to be able to register for services and use them.
New section Industry Engagement coordinates cooperation with industry
The NFDI sections are dedicated to topics that are relevant to all or several consortia. In October 2021, the first four sections already started their work. Now the fifth section, Industry Engagement (section-industry), is starting.