(Published on 12.10.2022) Only two years have passed since the Association German National Research Data Infrastructure was founded. In these 24 months, stakeholders from all over Germany have been integrated by NFDI into a powerful network that promises many synergy effects.
In the past year, it has been possible to connect the different disciplines even more closely. Shared topics are now being advanced in four sections. In addition, the NFDI consortia have jointly submitted an application for the Base4NFDI basic service consortium.
Our second birthday is an occasion to celebrate what has been created thanks to our community.
We are giving away up to three NFDI shirts via Twitter to celebrate our second anniversary. It’s easy to enter: describe in a tweet what NFDI means to you – with your own pictures or graphics if you like. Use the hashtag #2yearsNFDI and mention @NFDI_de in your tweet so we can find it.
A jury from the NFDI office will select three winners based on the design of their posts. We look forward to receiving your entries soon!
Conditions of participation for the NFDI Association’s birthday giveaway
- The competition starts on Wednesday 12 October 2022 and runs up to and including Tuesday 25 October.
You can win up to three shirts in anthracite with NFDI logo print.
The organiser of the competition is the Association German National Research Data Infrastructure (contact).
- All persons with a Twitter account can participate. Employees of the association and minors are excluded from participation.
- The competition runs via Twitter.
- Anyone who wants to take part in the competition must briefly describe in a tweet what constitutes NFDI for him/her. In order for the tweet to be found by us, the hashtag #2yearsNFDI must be used and @NFDI_de must be mentioned in the tweet. Your own pictures or graphics are welcome.
- A jury from the NFDI office will select three winners based on the design of their posts.
- The winner will be notified of his/her win via Twitter.
- Participation in the competition is not associated with any additional costs.
- Posting multiple updates or links of the same or almost the same content is against the Twitter rules. Each person can only enter the competition with one tweet.
- People who enter the competition with more than one account must be excluded from participating, according to Twitter.
In order to make the NFDI more tangible for external visitors, the office has collected examples of the consortia's work - success stories - over the past few months. You can now view the first instalment of these success stories here. From digital twins for...
The section Industry Engagement has elected its industrial advisory board. Twelve business representatives from various economic sectors will be available to advise the section in future.
The Love Data Week will take place from February 12 to 16, 2024 under the motto “My Kind of Data”. Numerous national and international organizations are offering exciting events in various formats such as coffee lectures, training courses, podcasts and information events online and in person. NFDI is also taking part again!